Passed public and daily test but GUI doesn't work

So I’ve passed all the public tests and everything in the recent 3 daily tests, but when I open the GUI, I get this. I’ve tried de-bugging but I couldn’t find any issues.
Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 16.19.35

Hi,

it’ s hard to tell you something about the bug without seeing anything except this picture (please, don’ t see this as a request to send your Code in the forum). Maybe, you can just come to the Office Hour on Thursday and ask the tutors there for support. Until then I can just tell you to check if you respected the calling convention in every function and write maybe some custom tests (especially for placing tiles) to see how you handle edge cases.

Good luck with it and have a nice day!
Lisa :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I forgot to put in the second picture in the topic above. Since I use a Mac OS, I read the topic in the forum and used the official gui.jar and changed the port in the main code. My terminal freezes at this point:
Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 17.18.45

Hey,

if you changed the port in the python script as described here, it is important to also switch out the gui.jar for the modified version (since it relies on a changed port in there too). Otherwise it won’t work.

2 Likes