Feedback printing does not work

Hello, there seems to be a problem with printing the unicode characters. I do not know what is the problem, because the feedback for the output is completely unspecific. Is there something wrong im my code? Because after several convos my code SHOULD output the correct Unicodes sequence at this point. And no, I am not forgetting the newline character.

Some assistance please :slight_smile:

Hi,

are you failing a test which checks the printFeedback function (if yes, which one?) or do you just have issues with printing on the command line?
Have you already run ./patch.sh?

best wishes
Lisa :slight_smile:

Hi,

yes I have executed ./patch.sh. (Actually read the project description before doing anything^^).
I can onl assume, that there are break; statement issues in my switch cases. But funnily enough, the printed output for QWordle works while the output for normal wordle doesn’t… Is this dependend on which enums we include in our printFeedback?

How can I test what is being delivered by printFeedback from the tests?

Thanks in Advance!

Have you tried debugging and putting breakpoints at the end of the function being called in that unit test?

As you can see by running ./test/run_tests -v, the public tests all execute the bin/testrunner binary, which is compiled using cc -o bin/testrunner -I include -Wall -Wextra -pedantic -O0 -g -fsanitize=address -fsanitize=undefined src/test_main.c src/unit_tests.c src/trie.c src/wordle.c (as you can tell by running make --just-print). So, if you want to debug the tests from the beginning, you might want to put a breakpoint into main(int, char* []) of file test_main.c.

1 Like